Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Block(ing) Party!

I'm sitting here looking at 3 sweaters blocking. No wonder my neck/upper back hurts. I've been knitting like crazy! Unfortunately I can't show you the one that's NOT a Tom Scott sweater. Hopefully it will show up in a VK magazine! This sweater still needs some embellishements but the knitting portion is finished. And, it looks pretty nice.

BLOCKING IS HEAVEN! It completely cleans up the garment. And it fluffs up the yarn.

On the other hand, sewing blows. I hate sewing. My class yesterday was TERRIBLE. I AM A HORRIBLE SEW-ER (ist?). I couldn't get my 500 ft. zipper into my dress. I kept getting bubbles. The fabric has some lycra in it so it just doesn't cooperate. GRRRRRR. Then once that was in I had to put in the sleeves. The whole gathering but don't have any pleat-y looking things showing on the public side stinks. WHAT? So the top part (in the seam) is gathered but the exact spot where my seam goes is flat....uh, ok. I'll be waiting until next week. Plus, I hate the dress that I'm making. I'm only making it because some total jerk hasn't sent my ebay pattern since APRIL. Yes, I've sent in a complaint.

Anyway, I have 3 beautiful sweaters blocking with another on deck. I have about 4" to go before it's finished. Then guess what? I get to cast on for another one! yay! Doing production knitting really takes the wind out of your sales.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

I think the word is seamstress :)

But congrats on all of the productive knitting!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home