Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Catching Up

First up: Yarns that I'm swatching for T.S. Spring/Summer '08. The two tall cones are from Habu! The white one is hand dyed and totally gorgeous. They are a bit stiff but really awesome when knit up. The smaller cone is an organic cotton. I've used it before and it's lovely. I can't wait to get started...




4 pieces delivered Monday to T.S. for fall. They are blocking in this photo. Very professional!




I worked on my dress yesterday. It should be finished but when we did a fitting it was a bit too big. So yesterday was spend altering. All I have to do is put in the zipper and hem.



I was knitting on the lace when all I could think about last night was the orange cotton in the stash. Strange, I know. I don't think that I have enough yarn for a sweater but I'm going to give it a shot. I actually swatched stripes but decided against them. I'm going to do the cuffs and collar in the darker orange and the body and sleeves in the lighter orange. If I run out of the light orange I'll make short puffy sleeves with a big ribbed band. Sounds cute, right? Anyway, I went through two skeins and here I am....I NEED to be knitting a T.S. sweater but I'm rebelling at the moment. I'm going to bring his stuff to work with me tonight. I'll have no choice but to work on it.





Oh, cute....This is a skirt made from the bottoms of a pair of pants. It needs a zipper and just some finishing at the waist. I love it!



That's it for now. I need to get some good knitting under my belt over the next few days.

I'm finding that my neck is killing me and I think it's because of where I sit when I knit. Creepy. I'm now on a serious hunt for the perfect knitting chair. Any suggestions? (A rocking chair is OUT of the question!!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

No suggestions unfortunately, but my neck kills me too when I knit. I was going to look for an office chair. Good luck on your search!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home