Monday, June 11, 2007

No Charger, No Photos : (

I have photos but no charger. I can't find it anywhere....

Here's the update:
Saturday night was a nightmare. It felt like I was working in a swamp. Something was wrong with the ac and it was only blowing warm-ish air. SUPER GROSS. Imagine being in a really dark place where a whole lot of people are drinking and dancing and it's about 90 degress and very humid. Plus, someone totally messed up the sound system so only one speaker was working the entire night. It was a total nightmare. The other bartender left early and so did the cocktail waitress. There I was all by myself not having a good time! I'm glad it's over.

I'm delivering 4 pieces to Tom Scott this morning and having a meeting about spring/summer 08. It should be fun. I wanted to have 4 sweaters for him also but I didn't get the last one finished. So when I deliver the Spring stuff I'll bring the sweaters and whatever else I have finished....

I'm still working on Hanami. It's sad when you make a mistake on lace. It can really set you back. It can really be deflating. But I'm back. I've only worked two repeats of the first pattern. 5 to go. I think I have to put it down for now and do some designing but I like it. It's easy. And it's pretty nice looking. I like the Misti Alpaca too.

I realized yesterday that when I bought a pattern a few weeks ago at P&S that it was for PLUS sizes. I'm not exactly sure how that happened but it was super annoying to find out right as I had everything ready to go. P&S moved across the street and I don't know if the patterns are set up yet. They weren't as of last week. Maybe I'll check it out today when I'm out.

I found out yesterday that my mom is coming for a visit!!!! I'm super happy about it. I have to work the entire time that she's here but at least we'll have the days together. She arrives on a Thursday and leaves on Sunday. Yay. It will be so nice to see her. She's been travelling around the east coast hitting all of the graduations. She's so funny. Anyway, it will be great to have her here. I hope the weather is nice.

And finally, today is the 2nd anniversary of my father's death. It's still weird. I miss him. I was having a conversation last night and a question came up that no one knew the answer to. He would have known. I realized about a month ago that I have been mildly (and sometimes more than mildly) depressed since before he died. But time has a way of softening the blows of life and I'm feeling better. I know it's been hard for my mom. And my sister. And probably my brothers though I don't know about them for sure. We all deal with death and loss in our own way. I prefer the isolation and massive quantities of work route myself. It's where I'm most comfortable. It's where I think I'm most productive. Though, with some reflection that could be misguided thinking.

It's already a gorgeous day today. I'm going to go outside and enjoy life and think about my dad. Feel free to do the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home