Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wow, That Was Easy!

Yesterday during sewing class I spent my time laying out the pattern and cutting out the pieces. A very efficient waste of time and money. This easily could have been done ahead of time but I just never got around to it. So this is where I was at the end of class. I had only pinned the skirt together. I never even got my sewing machine out...



This is where I am today! I've sewn the bodice and bodice lining together. I've sewn the straps to the bodice. I'm just waiting on fitting them before they get sewn down (in the back) and I've sewn the skirt pieces all together - except the side seams. I'll be putting in the zipper on Tuesday along with some ribbon that separates the bodice from the body.

I'm going to get yellow ribbon BECAUSE...



Check out the perfect shoes that I had in my closet. I just realized that they were sitting in there waiting for the perfect outfit....I've never worn them. I bought them a few years back and YIPPEE!!!! So the yellow ribbon will be this color (center of the daisy!)




Anyway, I've done a teeny bit more on this. I'm now on the second repeat of the first pattern. The pattern is starting to emerge and it looks pretty good. I think I made a small error waaaaay back on row 5 or 7 in one of the 16 st sections but I'm going to leave it. It won't really be noticeable. I thought about ripping but it's just not worth it. Like I said this is just a test to see how much I like this pattern.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home