Friday, May 16, 2008

Take 2

Ok, as promised, yesterday I went to Knitty City, Purl, and Kinokuniya. Oh, I also went to Knit New York. I had a feeling that I would be on my own in charting my cable. But I was interested in seeing any new books/yarn, whatever. Clearly the energy it took to get to all of these stores was way more than sitting down for 10 minutes and charting but whatev...

It was interesting. I was slightly disappointed in the Japanese books. They were kind of a reprint of the other books out there....They only had about 3 or 4 stitch books...one had 500, another 300 and one with 100 patterns. Nothing new in the cable sections. When I went to the yarn stores I was given the obvious books...Barbara Walker's, the Harmony Guides. I looked through some of the recent "cable" design books. Nothing new. But that was ok. I had fun.

When I got home I sat down and charted my sweet little 1x1 cable. It literally took about 5 minutes. I knit it up. Ripped it out. Knit it again. And ripped it out again. It wasn't going to work. I didn't take a photo but trust me. It didn't work. It was still too fat. Soooooo......

I knit this up this morning. Another swatch with your basic Oval Cable. I think the size is what is should be. It's not super huge or super small. But just right.

This is it pre-soak.....




And after, it's wet in this photo. Curiously it shrunk in height by 1"!!! Isn't that crazy? It gained about 1.5" in width. I'll see what happens after it's dry. Maybe it will pull in.



I also realized after I said that I had a month to knit this that I really only have 2 weeks. Yikes! But it knits up pretty fast. I have to work for the next 3 nights and it's raining so maybe I'll just hang out inside and knit????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home