Saturday, May 10, 2008

Finished! (almost)

I've pretty much finished this cute-as-a-button cropped top. I just need to graft one underarm, give it a bath and block it. What a fun and easy knit! It took me a little longer than I anticipated because I absolutely refused to crunch numbers. So I would knit a little, put it on the dress form, knit a little more, try it on me, knit a little...rip a little...and so on. But I've got it all worked out. I'm going to write up the pattern and then hand it off to Vogue Knitting! I hope it looks great in photography.





I'm about to start on an interesting cashmere cardigan (for VK). It's a self-belting cardigan. The interesting part is that the arms are worked lengthwise. So it will be tricky to get them to actually fit and fit into the body without looking like a total sack. It has some fun cables and some architectural stitches that enhance the overall fit/look of the sweater. Hard to explain. I'll try as I go along.

First things first, I have to make a pretty large swatch that includes all of the cables....I'm using a new as of yet unnamed Stacy Charles yarn. I'll show photos when I have something to show!

I'm loving the NO PRODUCTION knitting law that I've laid down for myself. I feel so much more relaxed about my knitting. I feel like I'm procrastinating a bit for some reason but my day to day stress level has been greatly reduced. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Knitting and loving it again!

Happy Mothers Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home