Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sometimes I need 4 hands

I've been very busy. Sorry for the disappearing act...

I've been finishing up a pullover for VK. It was due on the 1st but I took the weekend to work on the pattern. Since I had a few extra days I decided to give the sweater a nice soak so that the cables would all relax and look beautiful. Well, they did and they do. HOWEVER, my sleeves grew.... a lot! So, my dilemma is this...do I take both sleeves out and rip back...way back to before the sleeve cap? or do I leave it and hope they can fix it in photography? I HAVE to deliver this tomorrow. And I HAVE to write the pattern. But I also want the sweater to be received well. Not like - oh, here we go again with this knitter.... WHY DID I BLOCK THIS SWEATER?

I'll let you know what I decide. I'm heavily leaning toward ripping back. It would take me a bunch of hours but I feel pretty strongly about delivering a totally gorgeous sweater.

A few nondescript shots:







While waiting for the train yesterday on my way to work I was knitting on the next sweater that's due. My yarn was in my purse and I was zipping along listening to music totally in my own world. Suddenly, I pulled a little too hard and my yarn flew out of my bag and onto the subway tracks!! It was pretty funny. I tried to yank on it to pull it back up but it just kept unwinding. A nice guy that was standing next to me said he would get it. I was like NO WAY Don't go on the tracks. I mean was he CRAZY?? He got down on his hands and knees and started yanking on the yarn...He had a backpack on and as he yanked it pushed him forward (I guess it was heavy) and he almost fell onto the tracks. It was totally freaky!!! I told him that it was no big deal, REALLY. STOP!! I kept winding it back up but was getting really grossed out thinking about rats and funk on the tracks so I decided to just break the yarn and move on....

I'm totally sad that for the 2nd year in a row I'm missing the MDSW Festival. I have absolutely no reason to go but I really love going. Maybe next year.

I am going to a county fair this year in August. I was thinking about entering something??? But I don't think I'll have time. Wouldn't that be fun?

As an update, my shoe issues are still not worked out.

Off to fix my sweater.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home