Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I bought this...

The ipod touch





I will be getting a new phone at the end of the month. I absolutely despise my phone. It's a Treo 700p. Whenever I talk on it all of the buttons start pressing for no reason. The person on the other end of the line only hears beeps and buzzes.

My phone service is with Verizon. It is hands down the best service in Manahattan and that is where I spend most of my time. I've had every other service in town and it's no joke, Verizon blows them all away. Therefore AT&T will never be an option. (no iphone for me).

My ipod was swiped a few months ago. And at the same time my computer crashed. So I lost all access to my vast library of music. I've been looking around at different options. But I seemed t0 always end up back at Apple.

I need text messaging. I need music. I REALLY need email. I need contacts. I need a calendar. I need photos of projects I'm working on...Good ones.

I was obviously thinking blackberry but had serious reservations about it. But after my crappy time with the Treo I was feeling like low tech was where I wanted to be.

So that meant I would have text messaging and phone service from the phone. I needed something else for music, internet, photo storage, etc. The ipod touch fit the bill.

That said, I don't think it's for everyone. Internet service is only available when you are in a wireless situation. Like your home, or wherever free wi-fi is. In NYC it's pretty much everywhere. If I lived in a more rural location I don't know if it would be so fantastic.

Also, there isn't a camera. But I love my dinky little Olympus Verve. I prefer photos on it than on a phone. So I just take pictures like normal and they automatically download to my ipod touch. I can pick and choose.

The greatest thing for me about this is that I got it on ebay. New in the box. Never opened for about 100.00 less than the cheapest going rate. I bid on a few and lost each time by like 5.00. It made me crazy. So I sniped and voila. My ipod touch.

Regarding my phone...ugh. I think I'll get the new env (2). low tech but with a qwerty....I'm still looking into phones.

I'm almost done with the cropped pullover. I managed to get a bunch of knitting in yesterday at the salon. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home