Thursday, May 15, 2008

Does Your Brain Get Tired?

I need to replicate this beautiful twisted cable pattern. Easy, right?

I've been putting it off because I thought I would be able to just open up any one of my many stitch pattern books, find the pattern and get on with it.....



WRONG!!! No such luck....

UGH!




Obviously my yarn is waaaaaay thicker than the sample. But this cable is a 2x2 rib instead of the 1x1 in the other photo. This is soooooooo UGLY. The other one is pretty and dainty. This is like a bulldozer. It's gross.

A simple solution to my problem would be to just write out the pattern for the pretty, dainty cable.

I DON'T WANT TO. MY BRAIN IS TIRED........I'd rather look through the nice picture books in the yarn store!

So, I'm off to kinokuniya book store. I've been meaning to go there for ages. I am totally in love with the Japanese stitch books. When I was working on the Rebecca Taylor piece for VK, Adina loaned me her Japanese books. I wanted to keep them all!!! There is just something so right about their books....

I'll let you know what I find. I have 1 month to make this sweater. If in one month I'm sweating it out, this is the reason why. I just didn't want to write out the simple directions for a couple of twisted stitches. Sometimes I'm such a disappointment!! hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home