Monday, June 25, 2007

When Will I learn?

So here is a top that I made over the weekend.
It's suppposed to be:
1. drapey,
2. looser at the bottom than at the top
3. able to fit over someones armpit




As you can see it is none of the above. I did in fact use 4 different needle sizes on this masterpiece. But you'd never know it - maybe at the top.




Uh, loose? drapey? Back to the drawing board! However, I do like this. The yarn is AMAZING stuff from Habu. It's cotton but feels like paper-y string. Not so soft but great looking. Plus it's hand dyed and gorgeous. Oh well




I have sewing tomorrow. I don't know what to make. I'm thinking a slipcover for one of my chairs using this fabric from Beckensteins (that I got for 5 bucks a yard). But I'm not sure yet.





My mom came and went. It was way to short of a visit. Plus it totally blew that I had to work the entire time that she was here. We did manage to go to Moma on Saturday where I proceeded to knit the entire time we were walking around. It was no bother to me but maybe to those around me?? Not sure, I didn't really notice them but I guess I got some strange stares! She let herself out early Sunday morning and that was that. Way too short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home