Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Got it!

During the "pre-service" meeting yesterday at work I figured out my sleeve issues. I always seem to figure out my knitting problems while I'm sitting around the communal table before we open for dinner. hmmmm.

Anyway, here it is...I'm going to work my sleeve below the sleeve cap for an inch. Then I'll increase 3 sts every other row for 4". I'll work 2" even. Then decrease 3 sts for 4". Then an inch even. Voila! I should have a normal looking sleeve and be able to set it into the body.


This is a dinky sample of a couple of the sleeve cables and the 3st inc every other row.



Hopefully my math isn't fuzzy and my knitting will actually look like my numbers?

But it looks like the beginning of a sleeve cap, right?


THE SHOES CAME!
The Dansko's were delivered on Monday during service. I was off. When I got to work yesterday the kitchen staff that was working had already dug into the box and claimed theirs. Pretty funny. I have to get a photo of everyone before the shoes look like....well, shoes that are worn in a commercial kitchen.

Dansko is totally awesome for doing this. Everyone in the kitchen is totally appreciative and happy with their new shoes! Thank you, LeAnne!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Dames said...

Definitely looks like the start of a sleeve cap. Cool.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home