Friday, September 07, 2007

Have you seen this?

This is a sweater by Givenchy for Fall/Winter 2007. I don't know if you can get a good look at it but it's AMAZING. I'd leave the epaulets at home but other than that it is really awesome.



I believe it's created by draping a piece of ribbed fabric over a dress form and then sewn in place. Funny thing is that I just happened to have a "sweater" that's been sitting dormant for a few months that was ribbed exactly like this one. I've draped and pinned and now all I need to do is sew and add sleeves. Mine is different in that I decreased to create a tighter fit because it was to be a "swing" sweater. It looked like barf so it was in the reject pile. Now I'm in love all over again. I love it when I'm inspired like this!

I'm in hat mode. I've made about 8 so far. They are great because they go so fast. I think the whole lot is about 28. So I'm on my way. After that I just have 4 more cowls and a garter sweater to make. And then production is complete. Phwew!

I'm off to learn how to bartend.! hahaha. I have training from 11:00 until 5 or 6. I have to go to real work at 5 so...I sure hope I can fit this new place into my schedule without exhausting myself....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home