Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Progress

I finished the body of the Organic Cotton Asymmetrical Eyelet cardigan. It's blocking and is still damp. When it's dry I'll take a photo of it. I have a 4" collar to knit and 2 6" sleeves. Yes, it will be done today! Wooo-hoooo. I'll then tackle the redo of the handpainted pullover. I have to rip back to the first armhole and just knit it back up. I wonder if I could bring it to work with me...Maybe some production piece will come to work instead?

Yesterday during my sewing class I couldn't find the manual to my fabulous new sewing machine. Therefore I couldn't figure out how to do the 8 buttonholes on my dress. So instead I just did some finishing around the neck and fronts. Added the cuffs to the sleeves, blah, blah, blah....

After class I searched for the manual and lo and behold I found it in my files filed under Janome. Go figure. ANYWAY....my machine has a 1-step buttonholer. SWEET. I knocked my buttonholes out in about 11 minutes. On my own. Never having made a buttonhole before. Perfectly straight, even, spaced.....I'll take a photo of that too! Super exciting. I'm off to buy buttons and some lining for my next project which will be a coat!!!! A Fall coat - not a winter coat! It's really cute. I'll take a photo of that too! The lining has to be something really special. So I might go to Mood to find just the right silk/satin.

Did anyone happen to see the NY Magazine article about Why New Yorkers Live Longer? Really interesting. The faster you walk, the longer you live. I think my mom has that one covered! She walks and walks and walks. I'm a slow walker. I think I need to pick up the pace a little. Well I should say that I like to walk slowly - when I can. I'm probably a faster than normal walker though. I'm always skirting around tourists, getting annoyed that they've just stopped in the middle of the sidewalk for no apparent reason! Anyway, check it out. Definitely food for thought.

That's it for now. Photos later, I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home