Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Forward, ho

I quit my belly aching and got down to business. Right after my post on Sunday I started knitting this thing. It's the Organic Cotton Asymmetrical Eyelet Cardigan. I've knit 15". I'm going to knit another 1/2" before the underarm bind off. The right front is only about 5" wide while the left front is about 11.5 (hopefully.) I hope my numbers are correct. It's kind of why I'm adding an extra 1/2 or 3/4" to the body. In case I need to block it wider I won't lose the length. A little long is ok. A little short is Not ok.


Most likely this will be worn inside out (reverse st. st public).

We ended up switching the tank around so now it's worn backwards and inside out. Although when I delivered it yesterday we decided it could be worn 4 ways. Any way it gets put on looks great. Cool! Finished.

I have to frog down to the armholes on the handpainted piece. ( I knew it. That's why I didn't add the sleeves.) maybe I'll work on that tomorrow. It's a pretty straight forward fix. I can get it done in one session. Maybe I'll take it to work with me tomorrow night. Cardi today, handpainted tomorrow.

Speaking of work, the Community Board meets tonight. On the agenda is the transfer of the Double Happiness liquor licenses to Fem Fatale inc. - the new owner. I'm sure it will be unanimously approved and I'll officially be out of work. Once I finish up all of this knitting I'll start looking for a job. A few of my co-workers have already been hired by other bars. I hope I'm not going to have a problem finding a job. I shouldn't (right?)

I have my sewing class today. I think maybe I'm up to the buttonholes. There are 7. I never went to buy buttons for this dress but I'm thinking I can make buttonholes without the actual buttons. I probably just have to decide on button size, right? And the pattern will probably tell me that, right? My dress looks like a really ugly house coat. No kidding. It's super ugly. But for some reason I'm ok with it. I've learned some new and interesting techniques with this so I don't really care what the finished piece looks like. I'll wear it around the house - just like all of the other pieces I've sewn!!

That's it for now. I have to get on with the cardigan....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home