Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Round Up

Last night was Stitch & Pitch at Shea. I'll get to that in a minute. First up, the knitting...

I began knitting the Habu Handpainted Pullover yesterday. I'm 10" into it. It's a nightmare all over again. Impossible gauge, no memory, tricky sizing. But this is where I'm at today. And I'm happy to be here. It fit over the shoulders of the dress form (gold star for that). It looks the way I was imagining it would look. (Yay) And even though it's a total nightmare, I'm actually making some progress. I don't want to jinx it but I might get through this today. I'm knitting it in the round IN GARTER STITCH. Huh? Exactly, what's the point of doing it in the round. I have to purl every other round. More importantly, I have to remember to purl every other round. And with the size of these stitches it's not such a breeze! but I'm getting through it. It's no so bad. And ultimately there won't be much seaming. The photos are a little tough to see since the yarn is very close in color to the dress form but here you go...





OK, Stitch and Pitch:

Here's Mr. Met with the scarf that was made for him. This was crocheted and the pattern was a free giveaway in the goody bag. This was right before we (the committee) went on the field for a SPECIAL RECOGNITION before the game. Kind of funny.



Here's Mr. Met with Lily Chin. Check out what she's wearing!! She's nuts. She made an entire uniform. 50 cotton/50 wool with a heat index over 100!! No really, check her out up close...top, bottom, hat, glove (in Mr. Mets hand)




This is Stacy and Deborah. They made this whole event happen. I can't think of better Chair - folks. My vote is for them to do it again next year!!



There's an article and photo in the NY Times this morning about last night. I opted out of that photo deciding to keep an eye out on all of the goody bags. Speaking of goody bags....ours had some really great stuff....circular needles, light up needles, yarn, patterns, magazines, etc. People liked them so much they want more than their share!! haha. Giveaways are never pretty, particularly at a baseball game. But all in all it went really well. I haven't been to too many baseball games since leaving Major League Baseball so it was fun to be back down on the field, in the tunnel, in the team offices. Reminded me of the good old days.

Back to reality.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Craziness! I'm sweating just looking at that photo of Lily Chen.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home