Tuesday, August 07, 2007

#3 - Finished but not Blocked

Here it is. I finished it last evening....

Front:



Back:




Armhole:



This was pretty much straight forward knitting in the round up to the armholes. The front was stockinette and the back has an eyelet pattern. Every 10 rows, every 10 stitches alternating what stitch the pattern starts on so that the eyelets are offset. I then did a 3 needle bo at the shoulder. I might undo that and graft the seams. I have to present this to T.S. (that's why I didn't block it yet!) If there are any changes I'll for sure change the shoulder. If it's love at first sight - it stays as is. And #3 will be completed.

I've decided in order to get through all of this knitting I'm going to design and knit a piece and then knit a production pieces - alternating. I think it will keep me sane. I've started another scarf - zzzzzzzzzzzz!

I just went to Target to check out the Libertine collection. Super Cute. On my way home I was taking serious interest in the subway station mosaic designs. Every subway station has it's own specific colors and pattern on the walls - in tile. No two stations in the entire system are the same! Some would make the most gorgeous fair isle designs. I see a long subway ride with camera in my future! Stay tuned.

I have my sewing class today. I haven't had one in a little while. The last one sucked! I think I was hungover and really tired. Hopefully today's will be better! I'm almost finished with the shirtdress. I see it with a wide brown leather belt with a great big bronze buckle....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home