Saturday, August 04, 2007

Two Down

I just tried to upload some pix but my battery ran out. It's charging now so I'll have photos tomorrow.

I've completed one Pull Thru Scarf. It took way too long. This is a one skein of Eco Wool project. Literally it takes the whole skein except for maybe 3 yards. About 450 yds. It took me weds. night at work, yesterday during the Bourne Ultimatum and 8 rows this morning to finish it. Too long. Anyway, it's finished. So...

The Habu Cotton Superlong Tank - finished
1 Pull Thru Scarf - finished

I've just knit up one ball of the Organic Cotton Eyelet Tank. The top is exactly 4" long. By my calculations I'll need 6 balls in total to finish this baby. Which again according to my calculations, means I am 1/6th closer to finishing. It's definitely going on the subway and spending a little lounge time with me tonight at work. Maybe by the morning I'll be 1/3rd of the way....Maybe...

This coming Wednesday is STITCH & PITCH at Shea Stadium. After the goody bag stuffing party Lily Chin had this to say:

Hi, just got back from the "stuffing party" for the NY Mets Stitch 'N Pitch and boy, am I *psyched*. Cannot WAIT for the game. It was a lot of hard work, but I guarantee everyone will ooohhh and ahhhh over all the goodies in the goody bag. There were about 4 balls of yarn and several pattern books from yarn companies (multiple patterns in full color!) as well as full magazines from the Vogue Knitting people and the Interweave folks. There were tons of single-page patterns, including some exclusively for Stitch 'N Pitch like a knitted baseball cap and one knitted and one crocheted baseball scarf. I could go on. Needless to say (or maybe that's NEEDLES to say - hehehe), we worked our tushies off putting sooo many wonderful things together in the cute Mets tote with the logo which also says Stitch 'N Pitch. I'll see everyone at the game.

Sounds exciting!!!! I had to miss the stuffing party because my dates got messed up. I confirmed that it was on Wednesday but it ended up being on Thursday. Dangity Dang, I really wanted to go. Anyway, I'm going to the game. Anyone reading this that lives in the NY area should consider it. The tickets are only 15.00 and you get the above mentioned SWAG!!! Weds night Atlanta vs New York.

Come on out and support your craft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home