Friday, August 03, 2007

Relief

Relief can come in many forms. For me it was hearing that August 25th isn't the last day I'll be working at Double Happiness. Given the list of projects that I need to complete in the next few weeks, I couldn't figure out when I'd have time to job hunt. Now, fate has stepped in and given me a stay of, of, closure. I think it's been pushed back to sometime in September. Hopefully I'll find out more today?????

Habu Cotton Super Long Tank - Done.... In full disclosure, I was actually finished with it but then we decided to have Tom's machine knitter add the armhole and neck edging to this....I made this before Berlin Fashion Week but the straps just weren't correct. So I ripped back about 6" and re-knit. Isn't it pretty?

Front:




Back:



I have about 8" to go on one of the Pull Thru Scarves. My hands are killing me. The scarf is knit on size 15's. Ouch. It's actually my left wrist and palm that hurt. Weird. Once I finish the scarf I'll be moving on to this:



Organic cotton. I'll start designing the eyelet pieces. I think I'll be using size 7's so hopefully my wrist will feel better. I don't have any time or tolerance for pain issues. I need to keep knitting!!

Have you seen the new Interweave Knits? You may remember that I had some "issues" with some older, established designers that had a problem with Eunny Jang taking the reins. (jealousy, bitterness, whatever) This is Eunny's first issue and I think she may have just said "Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!" It's awesome. She should be totally proud of it and pleased with herself. There are KNITTING patterns. Not the same old, same old. Techniques, ideas, challenges. It's really the magazine I'd like to read and knit from. It has a stellar line up of really interesting, fun, beautiful patterns. Very impressive. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home