Monday, July 30, 2007

While I was Out...

Like I said, I was away for just over a week. It seems like much more time has passed. I'm home now and have a couple of photos to show.

First up, there were animals. These are Belted Cows. The craziest things you've ever seen. These are Superior, High Quality Show Cows. I believe they even get pedicures before they are taken to the shows. These particular cows live the life of Riley. They actually have a shower right next to the pasture. I saw it with my own eyes. Really Funny! I think a bull was in the shower and a smaller calf (maybe) was on deck. There were no farm hands helping out. They just appeared to be lining up all on their own.

That cute little donkey in the background is the proud mama of the teensy weensy donkey at her feet. Meet Jasper. He is the sweetest, most adorable creature you have ever laid eyes on. He is about 2 weeks old here. SOOOOO CUTE. And Mary Alice is doing a fine job as a first time mother. I don't think post partem depression will get her. This is the most bucolic animal haven I've ever seen!


Ah, yes, more animals. Horses this time. This was over the weekend in Lake Placid. I believe that's Senora a Halflinger. She has her own ideas as to what trot and cantor mean. More likely she'll come head first to the fence and try to knock down any and all casual observers. But there was some awesome riding going on in the mountains. Much to Senora's dismay!




There were lots of gorgeous flowers both in North Carolina and in the Adirondacks. I guess day lillies are a favorite among the deer plus a few others I think! But I still was able to see some beautiful colors and patterns and designs. Very inspirational. Nature is not afraid to mix it's greens. I'm always amazed driving in the mountains. Sage Green. Hunter Green. Loden Green. Grass Green. Pine Tree Green. If I ever knit something with all of those greens it would look horrible. But Nature has a way of mixing them with the most pleasing effect.



I bought some fabric imported from Provence at a quirky little store that sells French and African wares, fabrics, furniture. Interesting. Cotton with what look like Kalamata Olives.




Oh, and I went to the Vietri outlet in Hillsboro, N.C. Hillsboro is a quaint southern town with some vintage/antique stores. A few restaurants and a jazz/bluegrass joint. I fell in love with this pattern at A Southern Season. Basically I couldn't stop thinking about it. When we got to the outlet I only had Firoi di Bosco (Flowers of the Woods) on my mind. On my first pass I was seriously disappointed that there were no flowers of the woods to be found. But on closer inspection I came up with 7 dinner plates, two pasta bowl, 2 salad plates, 2 cereal bowls and 4 mugs. YEEHA. I was totally stoked. Plus, it was basically 50% off the original price. These pieces had been sitting in a showroom so they aren't even seconds. DOUBLE YEEHA. I'm just waiting for them to be delivered.



Let's see, what else has happened.....

Oh, some tennis ball golf in the mountains. I highly recommend it. It's almost impossible to miss the ball! But the rough can be murder. And the holes are things like...the center of the bon fire pit. Yes, up and over the rocks surrounding the ring of fire! I would equate it to put put with a 5 iron and a tennis ball. FUN!



Of course, tie dying! My newest craze is the monochromatic versions seen below. It's all about the twisting and rubber banding!




Oh, right, the knitting. UGH. 4 sweaters, 8 arms. But I finished this order! Delivery is today.


The way I see it, I could have knit a slipcover for my sofa! Interesting idea, right? Big Cables, Rough, Scratchy Wool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home