Monday, July 09, 2007

Off To Berlin Fashion Week

I swear these are the last photos of this thing....

There were some changes late last evening that required some fancy knitting over night. Though you can't see it here, the sleeves have been altered. One sleeve is about 3" lower than the other causing what looks like a mess in this photo but really is a beautiful drape over the left shoulder while the right shoulder fits normally.




Again, you can't see it but there is drape happening here. This piece wasn't blocked and only made it downtown about an hour before the car picked them up! Have a great show!



I didn't take photos of the slate grey piece. I can tell you that it was drop dead gorgeous. The reason for no photos is because I thought there were going to be changes. Lo and behold, no changes....no photo. I hate that.

On to new and exciting things....

An ugly swatch - this is an off-ish white tape yarn with some gold blobs thrown in. I thought it was going to be pretty. I thought wrong! I actually think at a much looser gauge this might look nice. But that will be for another day.




This swatch looks nothing like the true colors of this cotton tape. I'm knitting up the front of a sweater to see if I like it. I'm at the armhole so I'll take a pic in a little while and post it. I can't decide if I like it or not. I'm knitting up Shiri's (Shiri Mor) short sleeve cardigan from the spring/summer Vogue Knitting. I love the pattern. Classy but modern. And SUPER EASY and SUPER FAST! Mindless knitting. Just what I need after the pressure of the past few weeks.



I have no deadlines at the moment. Well, that's not true. I have to start the dreaded production knitting again. But like I said a few posts ago, I'm alright with it. I picked up more yarn today when I was at Tom's. So I'm good to go. It is so much fun knitting doubled ECO WOOL when it's almost 100 degrees. Ahhhhhhhh.

I'll show you the left front of that sweater in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home