Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'm on Vacation

Sorry for the delay but I'm away for a few days.

I'll post photos tomorrow. I've finished version 5 of the handpainted yoked top. OY VAY. This has been a total nightmare. But It looks pretty good. Instead of going to the beach I've been knitting....

I also finished the two hats! I have photos of them also.

I went to the cutest yarn store in Montauk. I love it. It's called Purl By The Sea. The people are so nice. Good selection. Great pattern support. PLUS they have things like thread, buttons, needlepoint, notions, etc. Really convenient. My old sewing machine made its way out here so now there can be some sewing going on too!!!!!

AND Speaking of Gauge:

This is the dumbest thing ever.....

I usually make a gauge swatch. It isn't always big because I'm pretty consistent and can usually get it right in just a few rows. I'm always complaining that when I knit my garment my gauge is off. Why? Well, I figured it out.....DUH!

When knitting in the round there isn't any purling. Knit stitches are slightly tighter. Gauge is different. DUH, DUH, DUH, DUH.

I love knitting in the round and do it whenever possible (this obviously means no purling)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home