Friday, July 20, 2007

At least there's the knitting

I decided to go with my original idea of making this a simple eyelet vest. I was going to add long sleeves but a) I hate knitting sleeves and b) I kind of wanted to finish this yesterday.

Here it is blocking...



Still a little wet but dry enough to hang...




I particularly like the way the neckline turned out. I put the back stitches and the neck stitches on holders while I seamed up the shoulder. Then I just picked up the few stitches between neck and back on either side while knitting across the stitches on the holders. It makes for a really nice, clean transition. Worked about an inch in the round and bound off. Nice.




The armholes were just picked up evenly around and knit on circs for about an inch.




The eyelet is hard to see but it turned out well enough.



Next up: I think I'm going to use up some ugly mohair and make a sort of sweater/scarf/wrap thing. I just swatched and and figuring out the design. We'll see if I can handle the yarn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

pretty! maybe i missed it from an earlier post, but what is the yarn? And is it personal knitting or work related knitting? :)

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home