Thursday, July 19, 2007

Life

The final night for Double Happiness is August 25th. It's a Saturday night. I'm conflicted over it. I know that I've known since January that the sale was going to take place but I also know that one day I'll die. It was just a bad thought in the back of my brain. These things take time. Finding a job like this is kind of like renting an apartment in nyc. You can't look until you're ready to move because if you look too soon that fantastic place will be gone by the time you can actually move. So for the past few months I've looked a little. Just to see. But realized that it was pointless because I wasn't going to give up my really great gig for the unknown - until I had to. Well, here we are. I'm at the I have to place. I REALLY want my knitting to be in the forefront of whatever I decide to do. I mean, it has to be. So that really points me in the direction of working at night. It gives me freedom during the day to work on my knitting. Finding a good night job is tough. I had one. They are few and far between. I mean in terms of the staff, the money, the clientele. I've been SO lucky. For the most part Double Happiness was a dream job. Plus, I had every single one of the best shifts in the place. Seniority and all... So here I am figuring it out. The good news is that up until this point I have always landed on my feet. Things have always had a way of furthering me along my path. So, if I just put in some leg work and go with the flow I have to believe that this situation won't be any different than any of the others. But I'm still staring at the unknown.... I'm taking a week off (I probably wouldn't have if I'd known about the sale) to think about what I might really want to do. Then hopefully I'll come back with a purpose and a plan.

And some knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Good luck with your job search. I'd love it if you keep knitting as your primary day job. I just "discovered" your patterns in the Winter 06/07 Vogue. They're really cute!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

i always thought that you should write a book on designing knitwear. You are quite talented. You might be surprised at just what you will find to replace your current job situation. It might turn out to be even better than you thought.

Patty

8:30 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Aww, is Double Happiness closing? My husband and I had our first date there! But this could bring all kinds of new opportunities for you...sometimes those prime shifts are too comfortable!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home