Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Knit Simple

This is the photo of the sweater I designed for the Fall issue of Knit Simple. I love it. I know I've already said that but I do. It's one of my favorite photos of any of my designs that have been photographed professionally. Yay! I hope you like it too.




This is what it looked like before I sent it in for the photo shoot.




And this is what I sent to Vogue as a submission. I actually sent in a photo, not an actual sample. Usually submissions are sketches and swatches but I knit this, loved it and sent a photo. I was thinking that they would use it for the 75th anniversary issue of Vogue Knitting but opted for Knit Simple. Fine with me. I love this sweater. I wear it and get compliments every time I have it on. The only problem with this version is that it's angora and it sheds like CRAZY!! So whatever I wear it with turns furry.




As promised, here's the left front of the new sweater that I'm knitting. The one from VK's spring/summer issue. I've got half of the right front done also. I think I like it. I'm following a pattern which is a little strange for me. On the one hand it is so easy. On the other hand I find problems with the pattern. hmmm. Strange. I'm using a yarn called Enzo Lucci Boubou. It's 100% cotton tape with some stretch? Though it doesn't say there's any stretchy stuff in it? Hmmm....It's growing on me. The color is made up of pink tones. It's pretty light in weight and it has some memory. I love that. Cotton with memory. Sweet.



I'm improvising with my gauge. Surprising. I'm knitting the smallest size but I was hoping it would come in at the medium size. Guess what. It's exactly doing that! Woot. I love it when that happens!

There's so much love going on. I'm not sure why. I went to bed at midnight. I woke up at 4:13 from nightmares. Got up at 4:47. I should be grumpy. Hmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home