Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Why is it...

That I'm so insanely insecure about knitting for people that I know? Is anyone else like that? I mean my sweater sells for $1, 370.00 at Barneys. Obviously I can knit. Knitting magazines hire me to knit. Hello. I can knit.

So why then do I make myself nuts when someone asks me to knit a simple little hat with a simple little brim? What on earth is wrong with me? I think the yarn choice will be all wrong. The brim won't be what he wants. Will it fit? Will it just get tossed aside? uuuuggghhhhh. I would hate to knit something for someone and have them (behind my back) be like eww this hat blows. I hate it. What should I do? You know what, I'm not going to make it. I have to make about 20 hats for Tom Scott's fall orders. I picked up my original samples yesterday and I'm going to get down to business with those. End of discussion.

While I was at Tom's I saw a polaroid of the Asymmetrical Cardigan for spring. GORGEOUS. AWESOME. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! I can't wait to show pictures of it. I guess Barney's came by yesterday and really dug the handknits!!! Yay! Although next time around I might be finding a knitter to help me out. Production Sucks!

My training for the new job was pushed back to friday. I'm super happy about that. I had to work last night and now someone wants me to cover thursday also. Which means I'll be working 5 nights in a row. Plus training. Yikes. I got a good night sleep last night so I'm feeling pretty rested. Some of the knitting pressure has been lifted so that helps too.

I've been doing some mad shopping with my niece for the past 3 days. High end/low end and everything in between. We've had so much fun! I bought an awesome bag yesterday. I've been eyeing the Chloe bags but they are super expensive. And since I'm losing my job I was having some thoughts that maybe I should wait on it. Well I ended up buying a bag that I absolutely love:

The Havana. It's made in Brooklyn by a company named Hayden - Harnett and apparently this bag is THE bag in NY right now. It's in In Style, Vogue, Daily Candy....It is so soft. I just love it. Plus it was about 1/3 of the price of the Chloe bag. So Yippee. I can't wait to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home