Friday, August 24, 2007

Quickie

I can only write for 2 minutes because I'm changing balls of yarn and taking a potty break.

I'm re-knitting the asymmetrical eyelet cardi - as I knew I would. I have to make it 8" bigger all around. It wasn't anything that I did incorrectly just a change of plan. I started it yesterday at 4pm. I knit all the way up until I went to bed. I was at the armholes. This morning I got up early and started knitting. After about 5 minutes I somehow realized that my gauge was wrong. I whipped out my handy dandy needle measurer and found that I had knit the whole freakin sweater on the wrong needles. OMG!!! This sweater is due on Sunday. Not the best mistake to have made. So I've been frantically knitting away today. I have to leave for work in 15 minutes. I've passed where I was last night but only by about 6 rows. I'll knit on the subway. Hopefully during happy hour and then maybe force myself to take the train home so I can knit a little more.

The handpainted pullover was a total winner. He loved it. It will look so pretty hanging on a hanger in a fancy boutique. So I don't have to worry about a reknit on this one.

In the meantime, I have to finish 1/2 of a Cowl that I started on wednesday and a scarf for delivery on Monday. And then by friday I have to knit another sweater from the fall collection and 2 more scarves...... O M G. I'm feeling slightly stressed!

The good news is that on wednesday before I went to work I stopped into a restaurant that's opening in the near future and had a little interview. They called today to hire me. Yay. I have to train next week and then ? not sure when the opening is.... I'll know more next week.

Also, the place that I'm working right now is having some problems with the sale so I think it will be open for a few more weeks. Though I'm not at all sure about it.

That's it. Must get back to knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home