Monday, September 03, 2007

More of the Same

I haven't been very bloggy lately. I guess it has come down to crunch time and all waking moments have been spent knitting or working...Both are work...I can see a faint outline of light at the end of the tunnel. I know I should be finished with all of this production stuff but some obstacles appeared late in the game....Fashion Week took priority so I'm back at it this morning - I'm looking for a good movie to distract me from the monotony and to speed it along....

In other news, I've had a house guest for a week. It's been great and not too distracting to my work. I'm the one walking around NYC with the knitting flying off my needles! It's pretty funny. At this point I don't care what I look like as long as I keep knitting!!

I start training on Wednesday at the new work place. I hope I like it. I feel like it's a safety job. If I decide to keep looking at least I have it to fall back on. I like the people so far. I have a good attitude. I get to wear a black wrap dress as a uniform. Nice. (I hope it fits!!)

The current workplace is staying open until the 23rd of Sept. Once we reach that date I guess we'll have better news as to a closing date? A bartender where I currently work applied for a job at the new spot before I did. He didn't get hired. He's mad at me for taking the job. Isn't that a little lame? I couldn't believe he was talking about me behind my back about it. LAME. We had a little pow wow and I set him straight....I hope. I mean I don't want to have any bad feelings after we close. I love everybody that I work with. Bar Drama!

And that is all that's been happening. One of the DJ's asked me to make a super groovy hat for his brother's birthday. I know it would take me exactly one hour to make it but I don't have the time. I hate to say No. But I think I have to. He wants a normal winter hat but with a slopey over the eye brim. Kind of cute. In grey cashmere. I can't. Vogue is going to call me this week with 2 projects....and, and, and....Oh maybe I'll just make it. If I do I'll take a picture.

That's it. I have to find a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home