Thursday, December 17, 2009

381 Days Later...



About this time last year I left my old job because my employer couldn't seem to pay me with real checks. They preferred ones made out of rubber! I fortunately had a few connections and a decent reputation in the industry and seamlessly ended up at my new residence! I agreed, finally, to becoming the boss and it's been a rough year getting things in order but I'm sailing in calmer waters now! And since the waters are calm I decided to take on another bail out situation. This one is more recent and it's not so rocky. Same employer, two locations, one gal. Oy!

As for the knitting, I have to be honest, it's been spotty. I've continued to do a piece in each of the Vogue issues since I was last here. Or most of them anyway. Sometimes it's super stressful but at the end of the day I love it! I'm currently working on 2 little things that are due on Monday. Of course I "lost" one of them yesterday somewhere between Dumbo (in Brooklyn) and Soho (in manhattan). But crisis averted, the bag was found!

But here's the real reason I'm back on the blog....I was riding uptown on the 1 train the other day. I looked up and saw the cutest beret on a girl standing in the doorway. (To be honest, I didn't love the color but the hat was SUPER cute). So I'm sort of staring at her in that creepy trance-like way. The train pulls into the Houston St. stop and as she's exiting I realize.....That's my pattern from the Knit.1 cover last year!!!!! So cute! It looked great (well, again to be honest, she could have used a bulkier yarn but really, who cares besides me?). It was pretty cool. So that got me thinking and I headed over to Ravelry (another 381 day lapse) to check out things...interesting what's happened over there in 381 days! phwew!

So here I am on the interweb. I'll upload some photos as soon as blackberry fixes their nationwide problem.

The photo up top is a wreath that I made. The nice man at the Christmas Tree pop up sidewalk store wanted 250.00 for a real wreath that would get all dried out and become a fire hazard. So for 10.00 he sold me the frame. I wrapped it up in some lights and voila! an awesome wreath!




1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

REALLY, REALLY, happy you are back and healthy.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home