Monday, October 06, 2008

Phwew, that's was a busy few weeks....


I never showed a finished photo of this. It's a little wonky because it's been worn - a few times.

Here's the back. I used seed st. for the collar and button bands. I used short rows to round the collar after about 3" of straing kntting.




It was a total breeze to knit. I made it up as I went along. It was inspired by a cute Marc Jacobs sweater that I saw on someone at work.



I knit this one based on a little shrug someone had on. It opens on the side. I'm waiting on some more yarn (Berroco Pure Merino Heathers) so that I can finish the collar. I'll be ripping out the existing button band and knitting it to include the collar. Therefore I have to knit the collar first and then the bands.



It's going to be an oversized 1x1 ribbed collar. Then the button bands. Then the buttons.


I've been totally insane the past few weeks. With work - the other one. It's KILLING me. But I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I seriously hope it's not a train!

Uh, I think I might have to knit something called Hemlock. Tanis at VK knit one over the past month during her lunch breaks....I told her that I block everything by washing it in my washer (on delicate in cold water)....and she should try it. Well, you guessed it. She did it over the weekend and now her Hemlock is a doilie. It felted. I can't believe it...I feel horrible! So maybe I should just crank one out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home