Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Projects

I finished the Garter Stitch Blanket...I haven't taken a photo of it yet. Let me just say that it's HUGE and it's HEAVY! But it's done!!

I showed the red swatch the other day of the openwork leaf pattern. I liked it. I didn't love it. So I went stash diving and found some Ella Rae Bamboo Silk. I have a bag of it. Which means I have 900 meters. Again, I hope I have enough yarn.

I'm thinking of something like this....This is VERY rough. Basically it will be a openwork leaf pattern body with ribbing around it.



Here's the swatch of the new yarn....

I like it better. The drape is amazing....




It's heavier than the other swatch I did but I think that will just open up the stitches better.



My quick project for Knit Simple is currently in the washer getting a soak. It was a lot of garter st. But it's also finished! I'm going to block it today and work on the finishing tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll be starting this sweater today on my way to work. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home