Friday, August 22, 2008

Blocking and Swatching

The knitting is finished. It looks great. I'm just waiting for all of the pieces to dry so that I can seam this baby together.

It's roughly 64" x 94".... That's big!




I ran out of one of the colors so I had to improvise at a corner. I think it's fine. I'm actually going to switch one of the segments around so that the colors work a little better. But all in all, it's great. And it's finished.....It's a really boring knit at this size. I think as a baby blanket it could be super cute.

So just the seaming and the i-cord edging are left. It will probably take up a lot of time but I'm happy about no more garter stitch for a while.




While it's drying, I've swatched for my Marc Jacobs inspired cardi....

I'm using a silk/merino blend from my stash!!!! Hopefully I'll have enough yarn. I have a bag of 10 balls but each ball is only 85 meters. However, it's going to have short sleeves and it's a lace pattern....Plus it's going to be a size small. I think it should be fine. I'm trying to use up every scrap of each yarn that I pull out of the stash. So this should be good for that!

I'll be sketching on my way to work tonight. But the swatch is exactly as I planned. It's just a basic Openwork Leaf Pattern from A Treasury of Knitting...(the blue one). This photo stinks. I'm really happy with the way the swatch looks!



I also pickd up a quick knit for Knit Simple. GARTER STITCH! ugh. Oh well. The yarn they gave me smells like perfume. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home