Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I'm Taking The Train" dress

I started taking the train home at night after work. I decided that since I get out of work so much earlier now than in the past that I would try it out. Well, guess what? it's super easy and it only takes about an extra 20 minutes. AND I save 30.00! Since I started saving 30.00 I decided to start my own matched savings program. I now add another 30.00 to my tin can whenever I take the train. So, that's $60 every night that I take the train. If I work 5 nights. Yes, I save 300.00....Cash!! Sweet!!

I decided to knit a dress. And I decided that I would only knit it on my way home on the train. It's a very rough version of a Rebecca pattern. I used my bag of black Rowan Calmer. I never got near gauge so I just winged it. Here's the bottom. A pretty simple stitch pattern.




And here it is finished. I thought I had some pictures of it on my dress form. Hmmm.




I'm now working on a REALLY CUTE hat for knit.1. I'm using a gorgeous pink/light raspberry color of Manos. I can't wait to show pictures of that.

I'm also about to start working on a blanket that I started a year or two ago. I have a bunch of squares completed. I'll take some pictures and post them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home