Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Not so much

Well, I didn't finish this sweater like I thought I would over the weekend. I thought for sure on the train out to the Hamptons I'd get most of it finished. I had to stand all of the way to Bridgehampton. So no knitting!

Once I arrived it just didn't work out like I planned. I was only able to knit on my way home last night. Which was totally fine.

I'm a knucklehead, I forgot to switch to larger needles after the ribbing on the sleeve. So, I think I'll do the second sleeve the correct way and then compare.




Also, I feel like the collar bind off is too high in front. and perhaps the shoulders are too high.




But the back is lovely. Unless I lower the shoulders in which case I'd have to redo a couple of rows on the back. No biggie.



The larger question looming is what to do on the collar. And what to do on the button band. I'm thinking stockinette. But again....not sure.

I'm actually thinking about a rounded collar that uses short rows and I wouldn't hide the turns. So it would create a line of small holes???? Might be nice against the stitch pattern of the body...?????

and the button band...it needs to be sturdy that's all I know right now. I don't want a flimsy button band or collar. Both need to support the body.

In the meantime, while I'm thinking about that, I'm going to swatch two yarns today for a sweater for a man. It's going to be done in the round. Very straightforward. It will have a relatively large center cable that works it's way all the way up to the the bind off of the mock turtleneck. I'll show you what I mean next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

might there be a pattern for the man's sweater? Pleassse. I will send you chocolate cookies TO-DIE-FOR!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home