Saturday, March 08, 2008

Getting Back In The Saddle

I'm trying to get back into the blogging mind set. Photos. Ideas. It's been so hard to do anything because every free moment seemed to be needed for knitting.

The other day I dropped off all of the extra yarn I had sitting in my apartment to Tom Scott. What a nice way to get rid of a giant, messy, yarn filled corner! I picked up a check !! and then made my way down to Vogue Knitting. Picked up 30 balls of yarn and a contract. Then somehow I ended up at Downtown Yarns...I literally had not been in that store for over a year. Anyway, I made up for it. I bought some amazing local yarn. It's called Jefferson Valley. Gorgeous. Solar Spun. Natural colors. And the sheep's name was MOOSE. He was old and is apparently not with us any longer. Yesterday I got up and made this cute cabled beret. It's blocking at the moment. It was a little big around the ribbed bottom so I crocheted it a bit tighter. SUPER CUTE. And I love this yarn. I hope they make more of it. The beret took 2 skeins (I double it) so I have 6 brown/black left and then 4 grey/black skeins.




I started swatching some cashmere/mohair yarn for a sweater. I think I'm going to knit a long rib on the sleeves, collar and bottom of the cardigan. It will be long. Maybe have a belt. I'm thinking of a 3 x 2 rib. There's something about it that I like???



I'm kind of thinking about this. Sorry it's so blurry. I drew it on a receipt at work last night. So I had to blow it up. The collar would be super big, high, dramatic.



And this is more the color of the yarn. It's so soft and gorgeous. When it's washed it blooms up so beautifully!


That's about it. I went to a couple of yarn stores yesterday in search of some cable stitch patterns for the Vogue project. I can't find my stitch books anywhere. I've swatched a little for this and the yarn is pretty fantastic. More to come on that.

Have a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home