Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Anthropologie Inspired Capelet

Shouldn't this be a shrug? Anyway....

It looks better in real life. This photo stinks.

Clearly it's not in the yarn that I made the beret out of. Instead I used exactly 2 skeins of Malabrigo lace in Applewood. I quadrupled it! I used size 11's. Followed the pattern pretty closely. I worked a bunch more rows of the body because it seemed kind of short. But other than that I don't think I changed anything else. Super fast and simple.





This is exactly what I needed. I cannot believe how light it is. It seems like it should be much much heavier - 4 strands held together? Come on! But it's super light. Crazy.




I also fixed my beret. I'm not sure you can see any difference but believe me there is. I did the creepy thing of cutting off the ribbing, grabbing all of the loose stitches and knitting down. It's not a great feeling when you're trying to get all of those stitches on the needle but holy cow it's nice when it works. I shortened the ribbing by about an inch. It was close to 3 or 3.5" but now it's about 1.5". I love this thing! I might have to make another one!





I can't start the Vogue project because I'm waiting on some stitch books to be delivered. I can't find my Barbara Walker books. Plus I ordered one of the Harmony guides. So, while I'm waiting I think I'm going to knit something else....But what should it be? There's a dress in the latest Rebecca that I'm going to make. I told Taryn at Downtown Yarns that I would. She's making it too. I have a bag of Calmer (which is what she's making hers out of) just ready to go so maybe I'll start that tomorrow... or maybe I'll make a sweater based on the one from a few days ago. I'm not quite finished with the long ribbing idea. Maybe the sweater will be way shorter so no butt/hips are involved...

More to come...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Dames said...

Love the shrug! I never would have thought to do four strands of laceweight together, but I'm not surprised that it's so light. I'm knitting a shawl with Malabrigo lace, an it is incredibly lightweight. You are one fast knitter!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home