Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3x2 sweater finished...



All of the pieces had a lovely wash in Tocca's gentle cleanser...my favorite! Then I sewed it all together. Actually I only had to set in the sleeves and sew the sleeves closed. The body was knit in one piece and the collar was picked up....

Ok my thoughts:

So it's the Loro Piano cashmere/mohair blend that you can only get wholesale. It's the most amazing yarn ever but totally not available to the lowly handknitter. At least I've never been able to find it. This sweater is light and soft and warm.



Once it was blocked the ribbing was a little uh loose. So I shored up the bottom ribbing by adding a ribbon around the row where the stitch pattern changed to stockinette. It's a cute Burberry ribbon that I bought at M&J Trimmings around Christmas. I used it to wrap presents. It's a little hard to see and it's a temporary solution. I think I'll make 2 icords with a little something on the ends. Cuter than the ribbon - I think.




Sleeve length is perfect. Body length is perfect. What's not so perfect is the collar. Why oh why do I alway second guess my collars? I always pick up stitches with ws facing so that the seam faces out and is covered by the collar. Not this time. I can see the seam/picked up stitches. I HATE THAT. I'm sure it's not the end of the world but DON'T DO IT!

All in all it's a cute sweater. I would totally check out the wearer of it if I saw it walk by. I'll wear it a time or two then probably pack it away or use it for a magazine submission - fixing the problems of course!

Oh and I kind of like the split collar in the back....


Off to work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home